Thursday, September 8, 2011

Seasons are changing.

Seasons are making a shift here in Northern Michigan. The weather is getting cooler and the trees are showing a bit of change as well. The apples are ripening with the first frost that came early this year.

Is God changing seasons in your life as well? I know he is in mine. Maybe it is a new arrival in your family. Maybe it is the graduation of a child creating an empty nest. Maybe a new opportunity for you. It all is wonderful to look around and see the changes in our world as well as in our life. Our family is being pushed in some very specific directions as well as each individual person.

Fall is my favorite time of year. I love the cooler weather because I am a jeans and sweatshirt kind of girl. I love the sunny days and the cooler nights. I love the beauty of the changing leaves. I think it is a wonderful time to see the planet getting ready for a period of rest.

Think about all the positive things that come from the changing seasons instead of focusing on the negative things like: I don't like the cold, I hate snow...etc. etc. God created this planet perfectly and so we must have faith in his creation that it is all good, maybe even the parts we are not so fond of. Try this year to be amazed and humbled by all his creation instead of a chronic whiner about the parts we don't like. I will be trying this as well.

Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment