Sunday, March 27, 2011

Fun things

So today I am at home with Micah and Noah. We are anxiously awaiting a litter, any litter of baby bunnies. We bred 6 rabbits. 3 English Angoras and 3 Holland Lops. I hope something pans out with at least one of them. There has been a bunch of fur pulling in the barn so we will see.

It is always exciting to my kids when new animals arrive and sad when old ones leave. I can honestly say I would not trade them getting the experience for anything in the world. I stand on my hill in spring, summer, fall or winter and can see the beauty of God's design for literally miles. It is one of the best views in the world. I think we sometimes get caught up in all the craziness and forget to stop. Out here in the peace and quiet with the birds singing it reminds me to stop once in awhile.

By the way the trees are loaded with Robins. It is very amusing because there is so much snow on the ground. I am sure they have to believe they headed back way to soon. I am hoping all the snow melts soon. I think I realize why I enjoy all these things. When I sew and I am finished it is something I created and I feel satisfaction in that. When I grow food , not only does my family get great things to eat but I helped go from seed to finished product as well. When we chose to bred an animal in our barn I get to see new life come into the world and all the smiles that it brings to my kids faces to see that just new born baby.

God is so good he knows exactly how to fill and satisfy my soul. Not with big fancy things or expensive stuff but with all the wonder of his world.

No comments:

Post a Comment