Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Hannah's Prayer of praise.

I am not going to type the whole thing just a little bit. This comes from 1 Samuel 2:1,2

Then Hannah prayed:

My heart rejoices in the Lord!
Oh how the Lord has blessed me!
Now I have an answer for my enemies,
as I delight in your deliverance.
No one is holy like the Lord!
There is no one besides you!
there is no rock like our God.

I was reading this for my quiet time. Hannah's prayer is much longer than this. Hannah petitioned the Lord for a child...a son to be specific. She even promised the Lord that when he was weaned that she would give him to God. Not an easy task for someone who never had kids and was going to give the one up at such a young age.

Hannah realized that God was good and loving and would fulfill her. She talks about Gods judgement and our behavior.

I think that we need to be thankful and praise God for what we have instead of whining about what we don't have or feel like we are missing out on. I was listening to the radio yesterday and they said muslim conversion is at an alarming rate in our country. We have forgot the basis our founding fathers gave us. We have allowed people to scream separation of church and state for so long we created a valueless, moral free country.

We need to petition God and be a light to those who would otherwise be caught up in the lies of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment