Monday, April 4, 2011

Bunny Crazy ?

Bunnies, bunnies , bunnies....we have 11 in the barn. My kids love bunnies but even more they love to breed and sell bunnies. So we have been working with Holland Lops and English Angoras and while these are lovely breeds we are looking for a bred that is different for us to work on.

At the ARBA show this weekend we found just that. The tiny little Polish rabbit. Space requirements are much smaller...we can probably divide the angora cages into 2. Amanda talked to a top breeder and she passed on much information. Now we must decide what rabbits to disperse and which ones we are keeping just because we love them.

By the way if you are a mom with much on your plate I would encourage you to look at bulk cooking/freezing. I find I am doing this more and more. I take a day every so often and make multiple meals and freeze them for a future dinner. I also have incorporated a whole new method to this as well. When I make a meal for dinner....lets do this on the easy ...say tacos I cook enough for at least 3 meals. I freeze all the extra and then that is one less thing to do on dinner night. I do this with several dishes..... lasagna, chicken brocolli and rice, manicotti and others. I did this when I had babies with their food as well. On a day I have been busy and don't want to follow the menu I have other options available.

This can be a huge blessing by saving time and money(not eating out on the fly) and keeps things rolling along. Any questions feel free to contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment