Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Books worth reading.

I truly believe that the books I am currently reading God has led me to. The first book is Raising Real Men by Hal and Melanie Young.

This book really unpacks what it is all about in raising this boys and how God created them. In this book first thing off she says "we hear the negative wisecracks from our fellow Americans, and far too often, from our fellow Christians" We live in a culture that holds up girls over boys. It holds up girls as better and young men as less even within the Christian culture. Yet the people who do, want the daughters to have someone to marry. Do not get me wrong I have daughters one at home and one with the Lord. I have been blessed with 3 sons but spent a lot of time feeling that I was less because fellow Christians emphasized girls over boys and showed disdain for young men. Psalm 127:3 says Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children are a reward from him, Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Wow. I love little girls the are cute, my favorite color is pink but I now realize I have been given a heritage. What a gift. I believe with all my heart that all children are a blessing from God. This book really unpacks it all from hero's to chivalry. Homeschooling your young men, work and proper role models and how to teach them to respect each other. Even if you have only one young man it is a great read.

The other book I am reading with women from church is Made to Crave by Lysa Terkeurst. Subtitle is satisfying your deepest desire with God, not food. It talks a lot at the start about what we let pass through our mouths in the realm of food that make us unhealthy and or overweight. However as you work through this book you understand that every area in our lives requires us to lean upon the Lord. It is packed with all kinds of scripture and healing. I am only through the first six chapters but it is she talks about how brick by brick and prayer by prayer you can lead a path to victory in your life. It does not really matter what your struggles are you can have victory over all areas in your life with God.

While I have not completed either of these books in whole I would recommend them as a great read to anyone.

Be with the Lord and Be blessed!

2 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to read Made to Crave ever since it came out. Do you think I could borrow it from you after you finish reading it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! We will be going through the study and will be finished in September sometime. As soon as we are finished you are more than welcome to take the book to read! :)

    ReplyDelete